Monday, February 11, 2008

Top 5 Rules for Engineers Dealing with Drafters

I swiped this list off the desk of one of our engineering techs.

  1. Never give me work in the morning. Always wait until 3:45 and then bring it to me. The challenge of a deadline is refreshing.
  2. If it's a rush job, run in and interrupt me every 10 minutes to inquire how it's going, or even better hover behind me advising every keystroke. That helps.
  3. If you give me more than one job, don't tell which has priority. I am psychic.
  4. If you have special instructions for a job, do not write them down. In fact save them until the job is almost done. No point in confusing me with useful information.
  5. Tell me about your little problems. No one else has any and it's nice to know someone is less fortunate. I especially like the story about having to pay so much tax on the bonus check for being such a good engineer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although I am positive we work in the same office, I was looking for your desk and can't seem to find it! ;-)

Tim McDougald
CAD Manager
KMB Design Groups, Inc. p.s.
Olympia, Washington