I swiped this list off the desk of one of our engineering techs.
- Never give me work in the morning. Always wait until 3:45 and then bring it to me. The challenge of a deadline is refreshing.
- If it's a rush job, run in and interrupt me every 10 minutes to inquire how it's going, or even better hover behind me advising every keystroke. That helps.
- If you give me more than one job, don't tell which has priority. I am psychic.
- If you have special instructions for a job, do not write them down. In fact save them until the job is almost done. No point in confusing me with useful information.
- Tell me about your little problems. No one else has any and it's nice to know someone is less fortunate. I especially like the story about having to pay so much tax on the bonus check for being such a good engineer.