Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Adios InfoCenter

I have been asked how to turn off the InfoCenter. It's cool. You can do some neat things with it, but some of my people just don't want to look at it. If you are one of those people, and you are confident enough (and have the rights to) to tap into your registry, here's what you do.
  • Click the Start button and select Run
  • Type Regedit in the Run dialog
  • Browse to the infocenter under HKEY_CRRENT_USER\SOFTWARE.....
  • (your path will vary slightly) and double click on the infocenteron variable.
  • Change it to 0 as shown below.
Good luck and stuff.

2 comments:

R.K. McSwain said...

I just wish disabling InfoCenter was in the UI somewhere and you didn't have to resort to editing the registry. Ok for you and me, but what about people who are not comfortable doing this or more likely, will never even hear how to do this...

Todd M. Shackelford said...

I agree. I did see a lisp out there that would make the change for you, but then I guess you have to be comfortable enough with lisp to load and run it.