Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Hidden Express Tool Gem - Clipit

I got asked how to Xclip a referenced file in the shape of a circle today. When you Xclip a reference file with any curves in the border, you get something that looks like this.

Use the Express tool "Clipit" and get something more appropriate.
Clipit asks you to select the border, then the reference then what faceted length to use. I just accept the default and boom, I have something I can use.

Fact: with clipit, you can even use a straight-up circle.

I know. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

R.K. McSwain said...

You can also use the POLYGON command and create a polygon with a large number of sides (i.e.: 150), and use this for your clipping boundary with the regular XCLIP command.

This is essentially what the CLIPIT command is doing and this could help if you do not have access to the Express Tools.