Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Cycling in AutoCAD 2007

I can't believe this just now happened to me, but for the first time since I started using AutoCAD 2007, I needed to cycle through some overlapping entities. I used to use Ctrl+Click to cycle through entities stacked on top of each other. Since the 2007 version of AutoCAD Ctrl+click is used for sub-object selection on 3D objects (face, edge, vertex). To cycle through stacked entities, use Shift+spacebar or Ctrl+spacebar.

If you enjoy living in the past, set the LEGACYCTRLPICK system variable to 1 to return cycling to it's classic behavior.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks you saved my lazy ass

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you really did save my ass here. Though, I may have to turn it back to 0 when I draw 3d.

I just can't figure out how to get the new cycle selection to work, so I'm going back back baby... back to the past!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Dude! Autodesk should write your blog link in the toolbar instead of AutoCAD "Help".