Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bentley's Magic Paper... I'm Jealous

I was just checking out Roopinder Tara's Blog, CAD Insider, and came across his post about Bentley's Magic Paper. Bentley is apparently demonstrating the ability to mark up drawings with a special pen and paper that will translate the markup's into a DGN file. Meaning designs can mark up plots and simply inform drafts people to pick them up. You have to read the post for the details, so I encourage you to follow the provided link. It's not in production yet, but if they can pull that off, I think I know quite a few people interested in using it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is old technology. Logitech released something similar. It was rated one of the worst gadgets by a tech mag.

Todd M. Shackelford said...

No kidding?!

I have also heard of a roll out video screen that you can mark up. Imagine something like a thick sheet of mylar that can upload your drawing of choice. Then you can edit or mark it up like it was on a drafting board.

Well, it will be a few before they figure that one out.