Friday, October 18, 2013

Input Search Options

I like it when when AutoCAD suggests possible commands when I type on the command line, but lately I have been frustrated by the new AutoComplete function. When I type F for fillet, AutoComplete starts a guessin' and throws in FN a short cut for Flag Note. Not quite the same thing, frowny face.

If you would like more control over the AutoComplete function and how AutoCAD tries to predict your behavior, right click in the command line and select Input Settings or the handy-Dandy Input Search Options.

Then just turn off AutoComplete to fix my particular problem. 
But look around in this dialog. The level of control is quite impressive, and sure to satisfy about every users needs.

1 comment:

Scott Wilcox said...

Great tip, plenty of options and power in this little dialog.