Thursday, December 01, 2011

The Exhibit Hall

On Wednesday I finally hit the Exhibit hall. As usual there was a ton of activity and lots to see. The annual beer bust was going on which tends to liven things up. I think I met everybody that works for IMAGINiT.
I met Martha Hollowell, who happens to write the book on everything for Ascent. I mean Architecture, MEP, Structural and CAD/BIM Management (AutoCAD and Revit based) books. Truly, an amazing woman.


Randy Swaim and Christal Vandecar were holding down the fort at the Eastcoast CAD booth. They showed me some awesome tools for converting Revit MEP files to AutoCAD MEP so they can be customized and sent to be manufactured.


My long time friend and one time boss, Lonnie Cumpton was burning the midnight oil over at the BIM9 booth.


Todd Saemisch at the Lighting Analysts booth, blew my mind with thier tool to do point by point lighting calculations directly in Revit using the same engine developed for AGI.


Oliver Turan was showing off Cad technology Centers' Revit Express Tools.


Steve Martin of CAD Works has a great story to tell with BIM Xchange 4.0.


On top of all that, (and there was very much more) they were giving out corn dogs and popcorn!


Best night of the event, hands down.

1 comment:

Martha Hollowell said...

Hi Todd,
Thanks for the nice complement:) I enjoyed meeting you too and finding out about your blog. AU was a lot of fun. Now I have to come down to earth and bet back to work on the latest training guide - Revit Structure Advanced!

Martha Hollowell
Senior Instructional Designer
ASCENT